Wax strips are a finished cosmetic product for removing hair on the face and the body. They can be used at home without preliminary preparation. Cold wax strips differ from hard wax and roll-on wax in the sense that there are no preparations necessary. All you need to do is warm the wax up which is already on the strip by rubbing the strip in your hands so the friction warms the wax in a matter of seconds. This makes them perfect to take on vacation or anywhere with you where you don’t want to bring any extra machinery or equipment.
The operating principle is simple: they are applied firmly onto the area and rapidly ripped off after a short period of time. It is rather remarkable that they can be used several times.
The strips are made of either fabric or paper. From one side the wax is spread and covered with a paper covering. Right before implementing the wax, simply remove the paper covering and apply the depilation strip onto the skin.
Features of Cold Wax Strips
As basically everything, they too have both advantages and disadvantages.
- Relatively sustainable effect – lasting up to 4 weeks.
- Effective procedure – if used properly, they will remove almost 99 percent of the hairs.
- Affordability & convenience- they can be used anywhere, at home or on vacation.
- Economical – the same strip can be used several times.
- Reduction in hair growth – if strips are used regularly.
- Versatility – both short and long hairs can be removed.
- Painful procedure (anesthesia if depilation and epilation are done).
- Skin irritation after the procedure is possible and can last up to one day.
- Directly after the procedure, the remains of wax left on the skin gets sticky.
- Possibly of having to repeat the procedure, if not all the hairs are stuck the first time.
- Wax allergy is possible.
- If the instructions are not followed, bruises and scratches can occur.
- After removing the fine hairs the coarse hairs can occur, which is typical for the face.
What are the Best Waxing Strips to Choose?
Different areas require different types of waxing strips and there is a range available for each and every area.
It should be noted that the best waxing strips for sensitive skin are more expensive because their composition is more complex. They consist of different oils and microelements that soften and hydrate the skin after the procedure.
While legs, arms, back and armpits may not be so sensitive, the bikini area and face is so it is necessary to use a sensitive application for these areas.
How to Use Wax Strips?
A cosmetic product is selected in accordance with several criteria:
- Application areas: legs, bikini zone, armpits, face, arms.
- Skin type: sensitive, dry, normal.
The result depends on the proper use of the product. By the way, there are some differences between products if taking application areas into consideration.
First, the skin must be thoroughly cleaned from antiperspirants and deodorants and dried with a towel. The wax strip needs to be heated up in your hands, then separated from the protective paper and pressed to the armhole towards the hairline. After a few of seconds, rip it off against the hairline. If necessary, the procedure can be repeated. It is preferable to involve another person who can help by holding the skin and moving the strip sharply off at the same time.
Upper Lip & Face Hair Waxing Strips in General
All make-up needs to be washed off completely and then dry the skin. It is recommended to steam the face beforehand to open up the pores before applying the face wax strips onto the skin. Apply the lip waxing strips and remove sharply against the direction of growth. Waxing strips for face hair removal must be specific as they are gentler and treated with special substances which slow down the hair growth and brighten the hairs. It helps to cope with the problem of the growth of dark and coarse hairs after the procedure. Facial wax strips make removing fine hairs an easy and quick procedure. If you are interested in other easy methods that can easily remove unwanted lip and facial hair, I suggest using a spring hair remover or threading with a hair removal threading tool that makes the process much easier.
Eyebrow Waxing Strips
Clean the area and make sure there is no make-up residue in the area. The strips are either pe-cut or shaped. All you need to do is apply the eyebrow waxing strips, hold the skin taut and strip off in one sharp movement. You will have perfectly shaped brows in no time at all.
Best Facial Nad’s Wax Strips
Nad’s Facial Wax Strips can quickly and easily remove unwanted facial hair from the upper lip, cheek, chin and middle brow. The facial strips are hypoallergenic and fragrance-free, perfect for those with sensitive skin.The wax strips are made from an innovative contour weave technology which provides a soft and flexible strip suitable for the curves and angles of the face. The wax itself is made from natural beeswax.Nad’s Facial Wax Strips remove hair as short as 2mm.Enjoy the perfectly smooth results for up to 6 weeks. By using these strips regularly, your hair growth will noticeably slow down.Kit includes: 24 Strips (12 double-sided) + 4 Post Wax Calming Oil Wipes
Bikini Waxing Strips
Bikini wax strips for depilation at home are used only for the top of the pubis without touching the genitals, as the process is painful and unpleasant. A common question for most girls is how to wax the bikini area with wax strips. Well firstly, the skin needs to be cleaned and steamed prior to the wax application. If the set of the depilation products include a special gel, then it should be applied too. The strips need to be heated up in your hands thoroughly, applied on the skin and spread along the hairline. It is necessary to tear off the product immediately after it has been pressed and stuck there tightly. Although this procedure can be done from home, it is recommended to do this particular area of depilation in beauty salons.
Best Bikini Sally Hansen Wax Strips
Sally Hansen Hair Remover Wax Strip Kit will give you salon-quality results. The kit includes perfectly sized strips to tackle those often difficult areas.All you do warm the strips in your hand, apply the strip, smooth in the direction of hair growth and pull off in a sharp movement.Sally Hansen Hair Remover Wax Strip Kit includes appropriately sized strips for the bikini area, this means the process will be fast. There’s no need to spend time cutting strips to the necessary size as it’s already done for you.Enjoy the results for up to 8 weeks! While slowing down regrowth after repeated use.Kit includes: 34 Strips, (17 double-sided)
The Best Leg Waxing Strips
The depilation can be done at home and procedure is implemented the same way as all others. Wax strip is warmed, pressed firmly onto the area and removed sharply against the grain of the growth. The best leg waxing strips will get you summer ready in no time at all.
Belly Wax Strips
The belly depilation is quite a painful procedure, but it can be done at home. Body waxing strips make removing unwanted hair on the belly or back easy
Best Body Veet Waxing Strips
Veet Wax Strips provides an effortless removal of unwanted hair from your legs and body with large salon-sized pre-made wax strips.Rub the strips in your hands for 5 seconds, then will be ready to use. Apply, firmly press in the direction of the growth and remove in the opposite direction with the easy-grip tag at the end of the strip.These wax strips have been specially formulated to act like a liquid during applications, so the wax covers all different lengths of hair, even those as little as 1.5mm.Almond oil and vitamin E is enriched in the wax and will leave your skin feeling nourished and moisturized. Enjoy the results for up to 4 weeks.Kit includes: 40 large strips & 4 Perfect Finishing Wipes – Normal to Dry Skin
How to use Waxing Strips at Home?
- Ensure the skin is dry and clean. Apply a thin layer of talcum or baby powder on the area.
- Chafe the strip with your hands (the time is indicated in the instruction, for instance, you should wait for 5 seconds if you use Veet waxing strips).
- Slightly separate the strips.
- Apply the strip to the skin with the round tip towards the hairline.
- Smooth the strip with the hand towards the hairline.
- Sharply remove the strip taking the round tip. Hold the skin with the second hand.
- If there are still hairs, you can repeat the procedure, but apply talcum powder beforehand. Be careful: if your skin is sensitive, the procedure can cause damage. So the remains of the hairs are better to be removed with eyebrow tweezers.
- Throughout the day after the waxing, it is not recommended to apply any products on the skin.
It’s not necessary to purchase wax strips as you can even make them yourself! Homemade wax strips are made by boiling 1 cup of honey, 1 cup of sugar and 1/2 a cup of lemon juice to a thick consistency. Once the mixture has cooled, the homemade wax can be applied to the area of unwanted hair with a wooden spatula and covered with a strip of fabric and stripped off just the same the standard store-bought variant. Any leftovers can be kept in the refrigerator for next time.
Contraindications are present to using this hair removal method and you should be aware of them before going through with the procedure. They mustn’t be used on damaged skin. If birthmarks, warts or moles are present in the depilation area, the process must be conducted carefully. It is also highly discouraged if you suffer from varicose veins.
How to Remove Wax?
Imagine, you’ve just finished removing hair from your bushy brows with some super convenient eyebrow wax strips and you see you have wax residue above your lid; well don’t worry as there are a few simple solutions to quickly get rid of it. It can be removed with an oil napkin that is included in the set of the depilation product. If you don’t have such napkins, you can replace them with soft fabric soaked in any natural oil you like. It is useless to wash off to try washing the remains off with water, as even the strongest water flow is not able to overpower the remains. Oil remains can be washed off with warm running water without using soap.
If you don’t have napkins (included in the package), try these simple methods:
- Take cotton fabric, press it to the skin and heat it up with a hair dryer.
- Use special lotions that are suitable for after waxing.
- Soak a cloth in olive or vegetable oil (or any other oil you may have) and wipe the skin until the wax remains come off.
What to Use to Reduce Irritation after Waxing?
Even the best wax strips can leave your skin slightly irritated. Skin irritation in the depilation zone is a normal skin reaction. You can choose one of the following products to reduce it:
- Baby cream with chamomile, marigold or aloe.
- Tea tree oil or aloe juice, but not in a pure composition as they can intensify irritation.
- Solcoseryl, hydric dioxide, spirit, Actovegin, chlorhexidine. All these products dry the skin, so after using them, be sure to apply a moisturizer.
- Panthenol spray.
You should also carry out irritation prevention methods:
- Use moisturizing creams and lotions after shaving and waxing.
- Don’t rub the area of the depilation zone with a towel
- Don’t scratch the skin.
- Don’t steam the skin after the procedure.