Using tweezers seems pretty self-explanatory at first glance, but actually, there are certain techniques you should know to be aware of before going straight ahead and tweezing all hairs in sight. I’m sure most ladies can agree that they’ve had an unpleasant experience with tweezers when they somehow got carried away when plucking their brows and were left with hardly any eyebrows feeling quite shocked at what they had done themselves.
Eyebrows take quite a long time to grow back too, and you need to be patient when growing your eyebrows back after having a mishap with your tweezers. Basically, you need to put the tweezers down for at least 4 weeks and give your brows a chance to grow back.
Whether you’re in that situation right now and you have somehow over plucked or you’re new to eyebrow plucking and need some guidance about how to pluck your brows properly so that you can avoid being in the situation of excessive eyebrow hair removal.
Working with What You’ve Got
Perfectly shaped brows frame your face and accentuate your beautiful features. Although different brow shapes come and go in out and of fashion, you should try to understand what looks best on your face shape and maintain them that way. If you were born with naturally thick, large brows, it’s probably what looks best on your face and you should try enhancing the natural look, not trying to change them completely.
The same goes if you naturally have thinner brows, it’s probably the best look for your face, don’t try to make your brows look something that they’re not, it’s better to tidy and shape them up to frame your face no matter what fashion might insist. Everyone has differently shaped brows of different texture and color so it’s best to work with what you’ve got!
What You Need To Know:
So many people have trouble with their brows, either they’ve done the damage themselves, or gone to an unskilled beautician that’s shaped their brows in a ghastly way.
Anyway, you don’t have to go down the road of poorly shaped brows if you know how to use tweezers properly and how much hair to eliminate. Here are some tips to help you always have perfectly shaped eyebrows:
1. First things first, you need a good pair of tweezers. Sharp and slanted are ideal for shaping and plucking brows.
2. Chose the right time to pluck. Your pores are open after taking as hot shower, so this is ideal, making it less painful and hairs will come out easier. As an alternative, you can press a warm cloth over the area to open the pores.
3. Decide on the shape you want and how much hair you want to get rid of. To avoid over plucking you can use a white makeup pencil and cover the area of hair you want to be removed, that way you won’t take away more than you originally intended.
4. Using a magnifying mirror when you pluck may seem like a beneficial way to pluck effectively and accurately but more often than not, this leads to over plucking! – So it’s ideal to pluck in front of a regular clean mirror with good lighting.
5. Ensure to have a comfortable grip on the tweezers, if your pair of tweezers has a matte finish or a rubber coating then this makes them more comfortable to hold as opposed to plain stainless steel.
6. Tweeze the hairs one at a time in the direction of the hair growth, while holding the skin taut.
7. You need to grab the individual hairs and pull in one swift motion.