Applying wax is an absolute breeze when it comes directly from a cartridge with a roller applicator. Not to mention how hygienic this method of epilation is; there’s absolutely no need to even touch the roller wax itself. It’s a comfortable and convenient method applied at a low temperature. Before the procedure, it should be warmed in the microwave or in a special wax heater for just a few seconds. You might need strips as they are not always included in the kit. This is the easiest method to remove hair when it comes to waxing!
- it’s simple & quick. Once you’ve got the technique down to a tee (applying a light pressure along your skin is best). There’s no need to apply the wax and spread it out with a spatula as you do with hard wax beads. Just roll on and strip it off;
- no mess – no chance of wax splatters or accidently spilling a pot of hot wax and making a massive mess everywhere. It’s all compactly packed up neatly ready for use;
- it’s hygienic – no need to even touch the wax which makes it a very clean technique;
- it’s cost-effective – designed to be applied in a thin, consistent wax layer which is sufficient for removing the hair; and
- it’s versatile. There are different sized rollers available meaning this technique can be used for basically any area of the body.
- some brands may be too strong for applying in delicate areas such as the bikini line;
- may cause skin irritation;
- a risk of contamination if a new cartridge and head are not implemented in professional spas and salons;
- it’s painful;
- some brands have cartridges that get too hot to hold; and
- wax shouldn’t be used over varicose veins, moles, warts or skin that is damaged in any way including sunburnt skin, so, if you have any of these on the area you want your hair removed, then this method is not an option.