What is Sugaring
Sugaring is a 100% natural method of hair removal. The history of sugaring originates from the Ancient Egyptians. The inexpensive combined ingredients of lemon juice, sugar, and water is an increasingly popular method of hair removal today.
The fact that it is natural means that it is suitable for any skin type or condition eliminating the risk of irritation or inflammation on the skin. It gently removes hair right from the follicle by wrapping around the shaft of the hairs without sticking to the skin. The results are long-lasting, increasing each time the procedure is carried out.
Note! Unwanted hair is removed in the direction of the growth which makes the procedure less painful than comparable methods such as wax hair removal.
Many will agree with the statement that “sugaring is the new wax”. The final result leaves skin feeling soft and smooth.
Best Sugaring Hair Removal Kits Review
Sugaring can be implemented at home or by a professional. If you decide to carry out the procedure from home but don’t trust yourself to make the paste or prefer to rely on a ready-made sugaring products, you can trust in the sugaring hair removal kits below as they provide an excellent effect and have all-natural ingredients.
Sugaring hair removal kits are ideal for busy people who don’t have time to make the paste themselves or perhaps don’t want to do the sticky dishes after making a home-made solution. A major benefit of having a sugar waxing kit is the fact that it includes everything that is needed to carry out the entire procedure and you don’t need to buy anything additional. The best sugaring kits are listed below:
|Ranking position||Sugaring Paste||Best price links|
|1||BodyHonee Hair Removal Waxing Kit Men + Women, All Natural||best offer|
|2||Cocojojo Sugaring Hair Removal Paste||best offer|
|3||Moom Organic Hair Removal With Tea Tree Refill Jar||best offer|
BodyHonee Hair Removal Waxing Kit Men + Women, All Natural
BodyHonee is a 100% all natural, at-home hair removal wax that provides long lasting results, is perfect for both men and women with fine to medium hair thickness. Our product has been formulated with only 3 natural ingredients: pure cane sugar, sea salt, and lemon juice – to leave your skin looking and feeling silky smooth and beautiful, without any harmful chemicals.
It is best for hairs to be at least 1/2 inch long for first-time waxers. If you have previously waxed, 1/4 inch will be a sufficient length. The area should be completely clean and dry before applying the wax. The skin should also be free of oils, makeup, and lotions. For best results, apply a small amount of talcum powder prior to applying wax. Never Apply Hot!
Sucrose, Citrus Limon (Lemon) Juice, Sea Salt
- Microwave Heating: Microwave the jar of wax for 30 seconds.
- Apply a thin layer of talcum powder onto clean, dry skin. Using a spatula, slowly apply a very thin layer of wax in the direction of hair growth.
- Immediately place a strip over wax. Using the palm of your hand, firmly smooth over the strip 3-4 times in the direction of hair growth.
- Holding the skin taut with one hand, quickly pull off the cloth with the other hand.
- Wipe clean with water.
Cocojojo Sugaring Hair Removal Paste
Heat the paste in the microwave for 25 to 90 seconds (according to the container size) Stretch the Cleopatra Sugaring onto your skin against the direction of the hair growth. Press down firmly and pull back, jerking it off in one quick movement in the same direction of the hair growth. Repeat until the skin area is free. Ingredients: Honey, Sugar, Water, Lemon Juice, D-panthenol, Calendula extract, Vitamin E Acetate, Chamomile extract.
Moom Organic Hair Removal With Tea Tree Refill Jar
Shaving and depilatory creams are not the answer for hair removal since they only cut the hair at the surface of the skin. The hair grows back quickly and coarsely. Although waxing removes the hair from the root, it damages the skin and is extremely painful. With waxing, you need pre/post treatment lotions to repair the damage done to the skin. Sugaring is gentler than waxing; however, it lacks effectiveness in removing all types of hair from the root. With sugaring, you are still supplied with after treatment lotions.
MOOM combines the benefits of these two methods without their drawbacks. The premium ingredients, each carefully selected for its unique properties, will act as skin enhancer in different ways.
MOOM contains ONLY:
- Chamomile: it is an ancient herb renowned for its therapeutic and beneficial attributes. The process used in making MOOM captures the antiseptic, antibacterial, anti-inflammatory, and soothing qualities of this wonder herb.
- Lemon Juice: it further enhances these antiseptic and anti-bacterial benefits.
- Tea Tree Oil: it is a mild local anesthetic, renowned for its healing and antiseptic properties. Also, It is also very effective in treating acne and blemishes.
- Sugar: it is a natural preservative.
How to Choose a Hair Removal Sugaring Kit or Paste
There are tons of positive sugaring reviews of different sugaring waxing kits, but when it comes to choosing the best one there are several factors that need to be taken into consideration.
- The temperature of the following should all be taken into account: the applicators hands, the room where the procedure will be carried out and the skin of the person that is having the hair removed.
- The thickness of the paste will also depend on the sugaring technique.
Sugar Paste Density
The technology of the sugar paste production influences its density. Producers often distinguish three types of the density of sugar: soft, medium and thick.
There are two more additional types of the density emphasizing the professional approach of the manufacturer: bandage and ultra soft.
- The ultra soft paste is a very soft paste that is often used with a putty knife or a bandage (or strips). Ultrasoft and soft kinds of paste are often used by professionals and masters with cold hands especially if they are going to work in a cold room.
- Medium and thick sugaring types of the paste are recommended for masters with warm hands who work in rooms, of temperatures above 25 degrees (for instance, during the summer period).
The industrial technology of the sugar production allows adding as much water as necessary while boiling to get the particular density. A thick paste contains less water and, on the contrary, a softer paste contains more water.
Note! The client’s temperature in different areas of the skin is not the same. For example, in the armpit and bikini area, the temperature can be 2 or 3 degrees higher than the temperature of the legs and the arms. For the bikini zone and the armpits, it is recommended to use a softer paste. A medium or thick paste is suitable for hair removal sugaring of the arms and legs.
Sugar can be mixed, which results in the middle ground of the thickest paste and the softest. For instance, if mixing thick and soft types of the paste you can get a medium density. Mixing and experimenting with the density of the paste will give the possibility to have an optimal product.
Sugaring Kits Ingredients
Even products that aren’t made of good quality ingredients can still produce beautiful packaging and have excellent advertisements. But what should we really pay attention to when it comes to the components of a product…
First of all, read the composition of the product. A professional sugaring paste must include the following components:
- Water: variants of “water is specially cleaned”, “distilled water”, etc. are possible. The point is the same. The composition of the sugaring paste must contain water.
- Citric acid: it is an irreplaceable component that is necessary for the chemical reaction. As a result, sugar divides into sucrose, fructose and glucose, and the sugar paste gains some features, for example, the ability to grab the hairs without damaging the skin.
Some manufacturers don’t mention this component in the composition of their products and even state that there is no acid in the composition. They mean that the paste doesn’t affect the skin in a negative way. As a proof that there is no acid in the paste, they offer to carry out a test with the use of litmus paper that distinctly evidences the sugaring paste neutrality. There is some truth, but it is also wrong. Let’s try to make some sense of it:
True: as for the composition, the sugar paste is neutral (it is neither acid nor alkaline.
Measure the level of the acidity of the sugar paste with litmus paper. You will see that any industrial production sugaring paste has a neutral level of the acidity.
By the way, neutral acidity will be a feature of both types of paste: including the citric acid “not containing it”. So, why does this happen? During the production process, the lemon acid is completely neutralized. But the production process is not possible without acid.
As a consequence, producers stating that they have manufactured a product that does not contain lemon acid (or lemon juice) tell a lie.
Sugar must be included, which is really interesting! Under the influence of the high temperature and high-pressure, the sugar divides into sucrose, fructose, and glucose. Some producers claim that the composition of their products doesn’t contain sugar, but instead, fructose which provides better sticking of the hairs and cleaner hair removal. Again, this is true and false at the same time.
The truth is that fructose is really included in the composition of the paste. If it does not contain that, the paste will not be able to remove the hairs because sugar itself is not sticky.
It is wrong because it is a unique feature of the particular brand. Any sugaring paste contains fructose. But fructose occurs during the production process as a result of the chemical reaction. And sugar was an original product. So those who state that their composition includes fructose and mention sugar are right.
So, these are the components that must be included in the composition.
What else can be included in the composition:
- Essential oils: only in a low concentration. A high concentration of essential oils can be unacceptable for the skin that is prone to allergic reactions. But a low concentration gives the paste a light pleasant discreet smell and does not have any influence on the state of the skin.
- Vitamins: they may or may not be included in the composition, as they do not impact the properties of the paste. The only thing we must remember about is that artificially synthesized vitamins (especially of the B group) often cause allergic reactions.
Components that must not be included in the composition:
- Preservatives including food products: they are just useless, as the sugaring paste produced in compliance with techniques does not spoil for, at least, three years. If the manufacturer states preservatives that are in the composition and, moreover, stresses that the products are harmless due to these preservatives, it only shows that this manufacturer is not good at the observance of technology.
- Dyes: the sugaring paste can be of different colors, from pale yellow to amber. If the paste bought by you is pink or green or contains sequins, you should know that artificial dyes were used and they are not good for you, therefore, the best sugaring paste will be made of all natural ingredients.
- Flavorings: they are used by several producers who want to give the sugaring paste different scents. It is not bad if a moderate amount of high-quality flavorings are used. But it is really bad if the producer adds cheap synthetic flavorings to give the paste strong memorable smell. In fact, the paste itself has a pleasant light caramel scent so it is not necessary to use such flavorings.
Different Types of Sugaring Wax Products
Now let’s see the difference between various types of sugaring wax products. The difference lies in an amount of liquid. Exactly due to different amounts of water, some pastes are more flexible and softer than others.
The more water the paste includes, the softer and more flexible the paste is, and a lower temperature is needed to melt it and make it stick to the body and the hairs.
As a consequence, a soft paste will work in a low-temperature environment, and a dense paste – in a high-temperature environment.
“Low temperature of what?” you may ask.
Of everything that has contact with the paste: the master’s hands, the client’s body, the air in the room.
The master who is applying the sugaring wax should determine when to choose another paste. The warmer the master’s hands, the thicker the sugaring wax be; the colder the master’s hands are, the softer the paste must be.
Also, take the temperature of the client’s body into account, especially focus on the fact that different skin areas will not be the same temperature. So, the arms and the legs will be colder than, for instance, the armpits and the skin in the bikini area. As a consequence, to remove the hair on the arms and the legs use a paste that is softer than the paste for hair removal in the area of the armpits and the bikini zone.
Similar to that, choose the paste in dependence on the air temperature in the room where you are going to carry out the procedure. Remember this main rule: the warmer it is, the thicker the paste should be. It means that it is better to choose softer types of the paste for air-conditioned rooms and thicker types – for stuffy or humid rooms.
What Else Can Be Taken into Account When Choosing a Sugar Paste for Waxing?
- The technique: As a rule, the softest sugar paste for waxing is intended for sugaring with the use of a bandage or a putty knife, and the thicker paste – for the manual sugaring.
- The hair coarseness: almost does not influence the selection of the paste. In general, the fuzzy, soft hairs are more comfortably removed with soft types of the paste, and coarse hairs – with thick types.
How to do Sugaring Hair Removal at Home
Sugaring is commonly prepared and performed at home with basic ingredients which make it an affordable and effective option. The fact that it’s ideal for anyone on any budget is one of the many advantages of sugaring hair removal.
The Best Sugaring Wax Recipe
- 2 Cups of granulated sugar
- 1/4 Cup of water
- 1/4 Cup of lemon juice
Homemade sugaring wax is super easy to make. The best sugaring paste recipe doesn’t need anything extra except the few ingredients listed above. All you need to do is boil the granulated sugar, water, and lemon juice. Stir until the sugar is fully dissolved. Pour the paste into a jar while it’s still in liquid form and allow the paste to cool down. Now you know how to make sugaring paste and can start sugaring yourself!
How to Implement Sugaring at Home Properly on Different Body Areas?
- Take a small amount of the prepared sugaring wax product and start kneading it, just like it is usual plasticine. These actions result in softening of caramel and appearing of the pearl tint, at that very moment you can begin applying the paste.
- Apply the mixture against the hairline, but remove caramel, on the contrary, towards the hairline. If you apply sugaring at home properly, you will remove the hairs along with the hair bulbs, which will provide a long lasting effect.
- Before removing the sugar paste slightly strain the skin area. Pull the paste off with clear and sharp movements.
- Now you can see the removed hairs on the remaining paste. Clean the skin depilation area with water removing the remains of the sugar paste. Dry the skin thoroughly.
- After the procedure, it is very important to treat the skin with antibacterial products and after a while apply a nourishing and moisturizing cream on the skin.
Attention! It is more convenient to do at home sugaring hair removal if the length of the hairs is no more than 2-3 mm. If the hairs on the skin are longer, it is better to use another hair removal method, to avoid skin irritation.
During the first procedure don’t rush, take your time. It’s fine if the at-home sugaring procedure takes you much more time than you had expected because only due to practice you can gain the necessary experience in order to do it at a faster pace. Keep the sugar mixture on the vapor-bath, and it will not lose its consistency.
Homemade sugaring hair removal requires dry hands: any moisture can spoil the paste. Keep napkins at hand or use talcum powder for your hands. It is best to remove the remains of the paste from the hands with wet wipes or warm water.
The technique for sugaring hair removal is simple, understandable and, moreover, available for use at home. At-home depilation is much cheaper than the procedure carried out in a beauty salon:
- Firstly, you can be sure that all the components of the paste composition are natural.
- Secondly, you can carry out the procedure at any convenient time.
- Thirdly, the ingredients for sugaring are cheap making the cost of depilation also cheap, which does not resemble its effectiveness. The best sugar wax doesn’t require anything complicated and can be easily purchased pre-made or made from scratch at home.
Body Sugaring at Home
Body sugaring techniques for different zones require a slightly different approach and it’s necessary to understand the modifications to be made in each area.
Arm and Leg Sugaring
If sugaring depilation is a novelty for you, it’s ideal to start with arm or leg sugaring, because the skin of these body parts is easily accessible and its sensitivity level is much lower if comparing to the armpit or bikini zone.
Remember: the skin of the arms and legs must be dry and clean, especially the arms must be dry! Even a little of moisture will result in the sugar paste not sticking.
Take a small amount of the paste, flex it and make a ball: this way it will be more comfortable to apply it on the arms and the legs. Then press the ball to the skin and roll it out against the hairline.
Let the paste dry a bit for two or three minutes. In this moment you will feel that your skin is taut as the paste shrinks the hairs. After some time sharply remove the hardened depilation material towards the hairline. Here is an arm sugaring video:
To remove the hair from another skin area, heat up a caramel piece that has been already used and flex it until it becomes sticky. Apply the mixture on the area where you want to remove the hair. The same ball of the product can be used more than once until it is completely dirty similar to using wax strips as the same strip can be used until it also is totally filled with hair and not so sticky anymore.
Technique for Sugaring Leg Hair
When it comes to sugaring legs, there are a few words of advice you should keep in mind. By holding the skin with your free hand slightly (making the skin tight) and make movements alongside the surface of the legs. This approach will provide an effective procedure and reduce pain. After the sugaring hair removal, wash your hands and legs thoroughly with warm water. Apply moisturizing cream on the skin.
Leg and arm sugaring almost don’t influence the skin of these body parts at all, as they are not prone to allergic reactions. Despite this, the depilation procedure of sugaring leg hair and arms is still recommended to be done before going to bed or several hours before going out.
The sugaring leg recipe is the same as for any other area of the body.
The hair in this area will be quite coarse, to begin with like the bikini area, so the sugaring process to get rid of underarm may be quite painful at first but over time the hairs will become thinner and sparser making the process easier. Sugaring armpits are a great option for those who previously used disposable razors with the regular occurrence of razor burn from frequent shaving.
Sugaring Bikini Area
Sugaring the bikini area at home can be difficult as the skin in this area is sensitive and it can be difficult to easily access.
But if you are still keen on the method of Brazilian sugaring at home then there are a few factors to be aware of. Depilation of the delicate zone can be done only in the case if the hair length is no longer than 5 mm, otherwise, the pain will be too severe. You can cut the hairs with nail scissors beforehand and then you will be ready to implement pubic hair sugaring.
The sugaring pubic hair removal recipe is the same as any other area on the body.
Sugaring bikini wax is to be done in the following manner: place your foot on a stool or the edge of the tub, flex a small ball with your fingers and carefully apply it on the hairy area of the genital area. Do not do everything at once: focus on a small area of only 2 cm first. The same method follows when it comes to carrying out a sugaring Brazilian wax.
What is Brazilian Sugaring?
We all know it’s a sensitive zone of the body, therefore, it’s ideal to have a method which will cause minimal discomfort and pain. That’s why sugaring pubic hair is an ideal approach to getting rid of unwanted hair down there. Your hair will be removed with little pain and no irritation.
Smooth the sticky mixture towards the hairline, stretch the skin in 30-60 seconds after the hardening of the depilation product and remove the caramel substance sharply.
Attention! Do not keep the product on the skin for a long time as the hair removal can be very painful.
After a sugaring treatment of the bikini zone, some hairs that have not been removed with the caramel substance may be still left on the skin. You can remove them with a usual razor as it is not recommended to apply the paste again to avoid allergic reactions or skin irritation.
At the end of the sugaring bikini zone procedure, you also need wash off the product with warm water and apply a special moisturizing or nourishing cream on the skin of the genital zone. You can repeat the procedure again only after ten days. Bikini sugaring is ideal for the least amount of pain and irritation and ingrown hairs.
Armpit Sugaring Depilation
The armpits are less sensitive than the genital zone, but the sugaring still must be delicate and soft. Roll out a small amount of the caramel substance downwards because the hairs in this area grow to the top.
The first procedure can be too painful due to dense hair bulbs. When carrying out the procedure for a period of time, the bulbs will become weaker and every new procedure will be carried out more easily.
How to Remove Facial Hair with Sugaring?
The face sugaring is often used because many women are tired of the unfavorable fluff above the lip and even tangible “whiskers” that can cause the most terrible complexes. Fortunately, sugaring the face hair removal is an option and can deal with this problem effortlessly transforming the beautiful face as ugly women do not exist.
Sugaring upper lip hair is commonly performed. Apply the caramel substance in a thin layer against the hairline and sharply remove it in 20-30 seconds.
As you already know, the ingredients are completely natural making sugaring facial hair removal a safe and natural option as it’s not hot like wax when it’s applied therefore it’s unlikely to cause any irritation.
Sugaring eyebrows will leave you with long lasting perfectly shaped brows. When it comes to the application of eyebrow sugaring, this is obviously an area which needs to be applied with great care and will require the assistance of a friend if you are implementing it at home. The paste should be applied on the area of unwanted hair and removed in the direction of the growth by the flicking movement of fingers.
After the procedure, it is recommended not to sunbathe or visit the solarium to prevent pigmentation and burns.
What about Sugaring for Men
Sugaring works wonders on not only women. Men also suffer from unwanted body hair whether it’s excess back hair, chest hair, arms, stomach, feet. Sugaring chest hair is common as well as full body sugaring for men. Sugaring for men is now a popular and often preferred option to waxing.
Below you will see a male sugaring video which can assist you in implementing the method.
The Results and Effects of Hair Removal Sugaring
Now you know how to prepare the best sugaring paste at home and how to carry out the procedure yourself on virtually any desired body area for either sugaring men or women. In order to decide upon making this your chosen method of hair removal, understandably your next question is likely to be…how long does sugaring hair removal last? Be assured that due to the fact that the sugaring method for hair removal extracts hair from the root, it provides a long lasting effect, increasing after each time it is performed. The fact that the ingredients are 100% natural makes this method of hair removal suitable for anyone even those with skin conditions or varicose vein. The soft sugaring wax recipe will leave the skin feeling soft and smooth.
If you use a sugaring paste regularly, the hairs grow more slowly, the hair removal process becomes easier and the procedure itself will take you less time.