The problem of body hair growth is apparent for absolutely for every woman. A wide range of agents to keep the legs smooth and armpits tender have been elaborated over the years, but nonetheless, there is no escaping the fact, that nature has won this war as hair continues to grow in unfavorable areas. If you feel like screaming “why does my hair grow so fast?!!” then you are not alone. The truth is, there could be several factors contributing to the reason why your hair seems to be growing fast from hormones to genetics. Although, women can now take some kind of revenge, since hair inhibitors, agents to slow hair growth is widely available.
*Inhibitor (lat. inhibere — to slow down) — an agent retarding the flow of any physiological or physiochemical reaction.
Inhibitor Cream for Hair Growth Slowdown
Hair growth inhibitor creams are designed to disturb the natural growth cycle of the hair after the hair in that particular area has been removed.
1. The Gigi Slow Grow Lotion minimizes the appearance of new hair growth; the anti-keratinization (formation of new hair) process causes hairs to become finer which makes them easier and less painful to remove from the root. It’s infused with argan oil which nourishes and moisturizes the skin after hair removal. Simply shower, towel dry and apply the Gigi slow grow lotion to epilated areas on a daily basis for best results. The lotion has a nice smell and absorbs fast while keeping moisturized.
2. The StopHair, hair reducing spray is made from completely natural ingredients, natural plant derived extracts, natural moisturizers and preservatives. It’s safe to use anywhere on the body for both men and women and is completely odorless. Apply this gentle hair removal spray after hair removal and overtime expect to see a reduction in hair growth and lighter, softer hairs altogether. This company offers a 1-year 100% money back guarantee if you’re not satisfied. It’s vegan, cruelty-free, and developed in Australia.
3. The Kalo post epilating lotion is designed specifically for sensitive areas like the face and genitals. The lotion should be applied after hair is removed from the root for the best results. Apply 3 times on the day of hair removal and then 3 times the following day. It’s easy to apply and soothes the skin. If applied after removing hair from the root it will prevent approximately 10% of hair from growing back per application and if applied after shaving it will slow down the growth.
4. Don’t grow there lotion and hair growth inhibitor works as both a gentle, soothing lotion and a hair inhibitor. The powerful plant extracts decreases the cell growth rate in hair follicles, reducing hair growth. Apply the lotion twice a day and you can expect to notice results of hair reduction, hair length and hair growth after 28 days. It’s enriched with shea butter which is highly moisturizing and white willow bark which acts as an anti-inflammatory, soothes the skin and prevents razor bumps. Don’t grow there lotion is scented wonderfully with lemongrass and green tea.
5. Smooth hair inhibiting spray is for both men and women and should be applied twice a day after each hair removal procedure, both morning and night for 5 days consecutively and then once a day thereafter for the best results. It’s made of completely natural ingredients which make it safe to use anywhere on the body without any discomfort. The spray mist rubs in easily and doesn’t have a strong scent. Smooth hair inhibiting spray has a 1-year satisfaction guarantee which allows you to get a full refund if you’re not happy with the results.
These creams allow putting off the next scheduled torture to remove unwanted hair with an epilator, wax strips, sugaring hair removal or even just shaving with disposable razors. The less often we need to do this the better, right!? These are in high demand and the agent not only provides the need to shave less but also makes the skin softer and tender, contributing to healing injuries while soothing irritated skin.
Composition of a Hair Growth Inhibitor
Most creams for hair growth slowdown contains the natural components as a base: a walnut-shell oil, young grape vines, and soy milk. These agents are known to have the capability to influence the activity of the hair bulbs.
The Application Method of a Hair Growth Inhibitor Cream
The method of applying a hair growth inhibitor cream is ultimately simple: It should always be applied directly after hair removal as this way the product can penetrate easier into the hair follicle and work its magic easier. So, after the removal of undesirable hairs, apply it on the processed surface with a thin layer and rub in with massaging motions. To obtain the best results the inhibitor cream is recommended to use on a daily basis.
Facial Hair Growth Cream
Although facial hair is natural for both men and women when it becomes more apparent and visible on a women’s face it become a terrible inconvenience for her. Women with more visible facial hair find it highly annoying as it is an area of the body that is always shown from day to day. By using specific facial hair growth cream to slow down the occurrence after it has been removed will help greatly in dealing with this problem and feeling more confident on a daily basis.
“Stop Hair” Hair Reducing Spray $50
This hair reducing spray is completely safe, gentle and effective. It doesn’t cause any irritation, itchiness or redness even when applied on the most sensitive areas. The spray is designed to be used all over the body after hair removal including the the face and bikini. It doesn’t contain any harsh chemicals, artificial products or dyes! It’s made from all-natural plant-derived extracts. Over time hairs will become softer and lighter. The manufacturers offer a 1-year money back guarantee.
StopHair makes the hair grow back finer in texture and lighter in color. It works best when applied after waxing or epilating when hairs are removed from the root. Eventually, your hair will stop growing.
Omiera Hair Growth Inhibiting Cream $12
Omiera hair growth inhibiting cream is made of natural ingredients and is suitable for facial application, bikini, and body. It not only minimizes hair growth after hair removal but it actually prevents breakouts, razor bumps, razor burn and any kind of redness too. The skin is left feeling soft and silky.
Consistent application is recommended after shaving, waxing, plucking or epilating. Your hair growth will be slowed after every use and you’ll feel comfortable under bright lights without worrying about peach fuzz.
Apply twice a day and once the desired results are achieved, an application of twice per week will maintain the results. This company offers a 30-day guarantee.
Inhibitif Hair-Free Face Serum $15
The Inhibitif hair-free face serum visibly minimizes hair growth, reducing the need for hair removal. It’s made with plant-based active molecules. The serum targets ingrown hairs. It’s suitable for all skin types and you can expect visible results within 2 weeks, further results will be seen over a period of time from 4-8 weeks. Consistent application is the most important factor when applying this serum in order to achieve the best results. The best results will occur if the serum is applied after the hair is removed from the root.
Apply twice a day and allow the serum to dry completely before applying makeup or any other creams to your face. Once desired results are achieved, apply the serum every other day to maintain the results.
Gigi Slow Grow Lotion $10
The Gigi Slow Grow lotion is a fast absorbing hair reduction lotion that is appropriate for the face and all over the body. It smooths the skin and reduces the rate of hair growth with consistent application. It has a nice smell and is very light and greaseless. To achieve the best results it should be applied at least once a day. Morning and night application will give the best results. Like all other hair reduction formulas, this too works best when applying after the unwanted hair is removed from the root.
WOW Hair Vanish For Women – All Natural Hair Inhibitor
This hair reduction spray weakens hair roots and delays hair growth. You will notice your hair growing lighter and sparser in just a few weeks. It targets the root of the hair and minimizes hair growth. The formula is hydrating and moisturizing. It’s a gentle and natural formula and is effective all over the body including the face. This hair growth inhibiting cream can effectively clear upper lip, chin and body hair with consistent application. It becomes more effective after each use with hairs growing back thinner lighter and less dense.
Apply over the hair-free area generously and rub in until it’s completely absorbed. Do this twice a day for at least 7 days and the results improve with continuous use!
Disadvantages of Using a Hair Growth Inhibitor
As everything has its pros and cons, so does a hair growth inhibitor cream. There are some drawbacks that can occur including the following;
- After the first application, the skin may start peel away and become itchy. The next time and experience with the hair inhibitor cream, these problems will not occur.
- Also, it is worth remembering that the hair inhibitor cream does not get rid of the hairs completely nor permanently as the destruction and blocking hair bulbs are out of its scope. It will simply slow hair growth down. By that, the hairs get thinner, softer and less visible.
- By including the creams for hair growth inhibitor creams into your routine use, be ready for the occurrence of ingrown hairs, which significantly spoil the perfect picture, indeed making the epilating procedure complicated.
- More rarely, but not less important complication to be mentioned is the possibility of an allergic reaction to the hair inhibitor cream. For this reason, it is necessary always check out the list of components and specification to preparation, consult with a specialist (dermatologist, cosmetologist) as appropriate before using the hair growth inhibitor cream.
Recipes for Homemade Agents to Slow Hair Growth
The history of agents to slow hair growth is as long as the history of depilation. As late as in ancient times the women discovered herbs, with the natural sap components that have the ability to put off the appearance of undesirable hair growth.
Here are several recipes, which have survived to our time:
Recipe 1: When the walnut has not yet ripened and it is covered with a green peel. If pour boiling-hot water over it and leave in a dark cold place for 2-3 hours. From this, you will have a perfect agent to slow hair growth, which should be used for rubbing into the skin.
Recipe 2: Another perfect agent for reducing hair growth is by dissolving 2 ounces of iodine in 40 grams of alcohol and 1 teaspoon of castor oil. Moisten cotton wool with this agent and apply on the epilated areas of skin twice a day.
Recipe 3: Pour a small amount of warm water over Curcuma, until the powder has become a paste, which is then required to apply on the skin, where the hairs have been previously removed. Then cover with a cling film and leave the paste covered and on the skin for 10-15 minutes before washing it off. Finish by applying a moisturizing body cream of any sort.
But, of course, the hair inhibitor creams, produced in the laboratories, are much more advanced and work much more effectively than homemade preparations.
Most hair inhibitor creams require a consistent application for 1-2 months before the appearance of noticeable hair growth reduction. If you are considering including a hair growth inhibitor into your routine, consult a professional to ensure that it’s an appropriate product for your skin by. Those who combine using hair growth inhibiting creams with other hair removal methods will achieve the best results.