This Emjoi Emagine epilator stands out from others among its kind due to its extensive range of tweezers. It has a total of 72 rotating tweezers which is attractive to many people because the more tweezers the sooner the procedure will be over. It’s also less painful than other devices too which is surprising because of the number of tweezers but they rotate super quickly which massages the skin. If you’re new to epilating – it will still be a painful procedure in any case but trust me, it gets easier as time goes on. – Not only are you getting used to it and know what to expect but the hairs gradually become thinner and sparser.
- Cost ~$80 – See on Amazon
- 72 tweezers
- 2 speeds
- Ergonomic design
- 1-year warranty
Upon Opening the Box:
- Carrying bag
- Cleaning brush exfoliating pad
- User manual
Although this epilator doesn’t come with multiple attachments and different heads for certain areas of the body, I think it’s totally fine and actually, I think it’s better because quite often, attachments included get forgotten about and don’t get used which turns out to be pointless and a waste of money. From my experience, I used attachments included with my previous device once or twice when it was new (excited to everything out at least once) and then I just stuck to using the original base after that. Less is more.
The shape of the device makes it comfortable to hold.
How to use:
- Open your pores and soften the skin before epilating by taking a hot steamy shower or a warm bath, this is essential.
- Select speed setting – I have actually discovered after using this epilator for a period of time that it works better at a slower speed, so this is what I almost always use. The slower speed allows you to get the tiniest hairs and pulls the hair from the root without any breakage. Although the slow setting does take longer, your skin will be much smoother as a result. The faster speed still allows you to pick up the thick, coarse hair effectively!
- Pull the skin tight in the area of epilation. This provides better contact with the tweezers and the hairs and will not pull at the skin. Gradually move the epilator in small strokes, I’ve heard that some people move in circles – (whatever works best for you). You’ll need to go over the same spot a couple times to get it completely smooth. Do not rush!
I use the epilator on my legs, bikini line, and underarms. The curved head shape of Emjoi hugs the contours of the body and the fact that there are so many tweezers makes the procedure go by as fast as possible. It is suitable for delicate facial areas like the upper lip and chin, although with such a large head it works best for removing hair from larger areas and a smaller device would be better for facial areas to provide more precise results and to have more control.
- The legs are the easiest area to epilate as it’s a completely viable area and no problem to reach. It requires a few passes to get all the hairs but I believe this is the case with all epilators.
- The underarms require a little bit of practice in order to master epilating this area because you need to become accustomed to maneuvering the rather bulky device in the right way to remove the hairs but once the armpits are epilated, they’ll be smoother than ever!
- Epilating the bikini line is without a doubt, very painful at first. Its big head can be annoying if you’re trying to shape the area but it effectively removes the coarse hairs anyway.
- I use the cleaning brush every couple of strokes to wipe it out.
- Go slow and don’t press down too hard otherwise you’ll end up breaking the hairs instead of pulling them out from the root.
- When you’re finished, soothe any discomfort with ice and apply some Aloe Vera.
- Wipe the tweezers with alcohol between uses to not only keep them sanitary but this also helps them keep gripping the hairs accurately. Don’t put the epilator in water, even to clean it as it’s for dry use only.
- Everything fits perfectly into the carry bag when you’re finished.
- 72 tweezers for a more efficient procedure
- 2 speeds
- One of the least painful epilators
- Cleans so easy
- Carry bag
- 1-year warranty
- Operation while plugged in means there’s no need to worry about a battery dying halfway through the procedure.
- Rather bulky for small areas
- Quite loud
- No light
- 6 1/2 feet cord length – that may seem long but when epilating you need to reach all different areas in your source of light and sometimes this cord length does not do the trick.