This device has several different attachments making the perfect hair removal device for shaving, trimming, epilating and exfoliating. I chose the Braun Silk Epil 9 based on the fact that it is multifunctional and from one of the most well-known, reliable brand among epilating devices made in Germany.
If you’re considering purchasing an epilator and considering the Braun Silk Epil 9 then you’re in the right place because I’m going to share my honest point of view on the device and attachments as a whole.
- Cost ~$125 – See on Amazon
- Wide epilation head – covers more area at once for a faster epilation procedure.
- Wet-dry – allows you to epilate wherever is most comfortable.
- Pivoting head – provides ultimate comfort as it moves to the shape of the body’s contours.
- Smart light – makes even the finest and lightest hairs visible for epilation.
- Pulsating vibration – providing a gentle sensation
- Micro Grip tweezer technology – able to grab hairs as short as 0.5mm
- 40 tweezers
- 2 different speed settings – efficient and extra gentle.
- Rechargeable Li-ion battery
- Facial cleansing brush – exfoliation and makeup removal
- Shaver head and trimmer cap
- Dimensions – 5.7 inches (14cm)
- Dual voltage
- Charge indication
The Various Attachments & Accessories Included
I have used all the attachments and the facial brush, changing the attachments is easy and it’s great to have the possibility to comfortably epilate different areas.
- Purple massaging attachment – This attachment is the best in my opinion as it’s the most comfortable and gets the closest to the skin meaning it can catch the shortest hairs.
- Power cap attachment – This attachment makes it easier to maneuver around awkward curves on the body like the armpits and ensures maximum skin contact for efficient epilation in these hard to reach areas.
- Narrow facial cap – This is designed for delicate facial skin but also works really well for areas like the bikini line.
- Shaver head with trimmer cap – The trimmer cap attachment gets the hair to a length of about 5mm and the shaving attachment alone gets the hair nearly down to the skin which is too short to epilate straight after, you’d need to wait a couple of days. This is ideal personal grooming, preparation for epilation.
- Charge stand – Does the job, holds the epilator upright perfectly in whatever area you decide to keep it, whether that’s your bathroom cupboard or anywhere else. It keeps things tidy which I like. For 40 minutes of cordless use, it should be charged for 1 hour.
- Cleaning brush – this makes cleaning in between the tweezers and the device as a whole really easy after the epilation procedure.
- Facial cleansing brush – It’s ideal for removing makeup or just exfoliating your face in general. I wet the brush, wet my face and put a dollop of a gentle cleanser on the facial brush, then switch the brush on and it cleanses and exfoliates my face so much better than just using my hands which I was doing in the past. It’s 100% waterproof and can be used in or out of the shower.
- Charge indication is a very favorable feature in order to avoid a flat battery half way through an epilation session.
- Multiple useful attachments that are easy to clean.
- The battery life lasts long – 40minutes.
- You can epilate in a warm bath where your pores are open to reduce the amount of pain.
- All attachments come in a regular plastic bag. It would be nice if it came in some kind of sustainable storage bag to keep these attachments in (for the price of the epilator).
Braun Silk Epil 9 in a Nutshell
In my opinion, I couldn’t want anything more from an epilator; this device has it all – all the accessories to make epilating more comfortable and pleasant. It’s easy to use and makes the procedure as enjoyable as possible, even though it does still hurt like crazy at first but as time goes on, each epilating session becomes easier and less painful. I’m sure that if you’re choosing to epilate, you know what you’re getting yourself into. Just take a deep breath and get it over with!
Tip – soothe the area after epilation with a decent amount of Aloe Vera and also some ice to reduce the redness and avoid epilating when it’s your time of the month as you’ll be more sensitive to pain.